Dedicated to Honoring the Special Bond Between You and Your Beloved Animal Companion
If your dog, cat, rabbit, guinea pig, or other small animal is in pain, having difficulty walking, lying down, getting up, or is recovering from surgery, our team of certified professionals can help your animal companion.
Your animal companion will feel comfortable in our quiet space with special flooring and the expertise of our gentle and compassionate certified professionals dedicated to supporting the healing, recovery, and return to improved function of your animal companion.
We Can Help With:
- Senior and geriatric animals
- Post surgical rehabilitation
- Pain management, including myofascial and back pain
- Strains and sprains
- Osteoarthritis, hip dysplasia, knee, shoulder, and elbow conditions
- Neurologic conditions including:
- disc prolapse
- vestibular disease
- degenerative myelopathy
- Athletic injuries
- Pre surgical fitness
- Support for chronic conditions such as:
- gastrointestinal disease
Your Animal Companion's Individualized Treatment Plan May Include:
Manual Therapy - Joint range of motion, joint mobilization, instrument assisted massage, and soft tissue massage for improving joint and soft tissue comfort, mobility, and decreasing pain.
Modalities - Cold laser therapy, microcurrent therapy, and pulsed magnetic electrofrequency for pain management and improved tissue healing.
Therapeutic Exercise - Manual neuromuscular facilitation techniques and various exercise equipment such as balance discs, wobble boards, peanuts, and Cavaletti poles are used to target specific muscles for strengthening, flexibility, balance, or conditioning.
Mobility Aids - Some companion animals benefit from harnesses, slings, carts, or other assistive devices that improve the quality of their lives. We can help with the proper fitting and use of these aids.
Integrative Care - Acupuncture, nutrition, nutrigenomics, supplements, and herbal therapies.
Rehabilitation, Fitness, and Pain Management Team:
Michelle Lazarski, PT, CCRP
- Boston University, Bachelor of Science, Physical Therapy
- University of Tennessee, College of Veterinary Medicine, Certified Canine Rehabilitation Practitioner
Sheldon L. Gerstenfeld, VMD, CVA, CVFT
- University of Pennsylvania School of Veterinary Medicine, VMD
- Chi Institute of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Certified Veterinary Acunpuncture
- Chi Institute of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Certified Veterinary Food Therapy